Solution for "Black Screen" in NFS Rivals:
Some PC Need for Speed Rivals players have reported being stuck at a black screen when attempting to boot their game.
If youíve been getting stuck at a black screen when trying to play Need for Speed Rivals, try out the following troubleshooting steps to get in the driverís seat:
- Start your game, and one you reach the black screen, press Alt+Enter on your keyboard to toggle out of full screen into windowed mode.
- You should see a cinematic and be able to see your game in windowed mode, but be unable to affect your game with key-input.
- Once you get through the introduction videos and have the option to hit Enter to start, press Alt+Enter again to be returned to the black game screen, and hit enter.
- Now press Alt+Enter to go back to windowed mode to see your game in action and view the tutorial.
- Any time youíre asked to perform a task or key-input, hit Alt+Enter to return to the black screen, hit your needed key-input, then Alt+Enter back out to be able to see your game.
- Once youíve progressed through the tutorial and into the Training Mission, hit the Esc key to open your map.
- Press the Page Up button on your keyboard and select PC Settings.
- Set Fullscreen to OFF.
Once Fullscreen is set to off, your game should be able to run normally without the black screen, however it will be running in windowed mode.